De Hita House, Block 7, Lot 4

Dublin Core

Title

De Hita House, Block 7, Lot 4

Subject

Architecture
Historic Reconstruction

Description

The De Hita House at 37 St. George Street is a reconstruction of a home from the First Spanish Period (1565-1763). The Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board conducted archaeological excavations and reconstructed the building in 1965. Today, De Hita House serves as part of the Colonial Quarter complex.

Publisher

St. Augustine Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission

Date

1965

Rights

All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.

Format

Print Photograph

Coverage

De Hita House
37 Saint George Street
St. Augustine
Florida
U.S.A.

Citation

“De Hita House, Block 7, Lot 4,” Resilience: Black Heritage in St. Augustine, accessed February 6, 2023, https://blackheritagestaugustine.omeka.net/items/show/4.

Output Formats

Geolocation