Oliveros House, Block 7, Lot 8

Dublin Core

Title

Oliveros House, Block 7, Lot 8

Subject

Architecture
Historic Reconstruction

Description

The Oliveros House at 59 St. George Street is a reconstruction of a coquina house from the Second Spanish Period (1783-1821). An archaeological excavation by the Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board in 1963 uncovered the original foundations. The reconstruction displayed cigar-making practices as part of San Agustín Antiguo, a living history museum.

Publisher

St. Augustine Historical Restoration and Preservation Commission

Date

1964

Rights

All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.

Format

Print Photograph

Coverage

Oliveros House
59 St. George Street
St. Augustine
Florida
U.S.A.

Hyperlink Item Type Metadata

Citation

“Oliveros House, Block 7, Lot 8,” Resilience: Black Heritage in St. Augustine, accessed February 6, 2023, https://blackheritagestaugustine.omeka.net/items/show/6.

Output Formats

Geolocation