The site of Governor's House (or Government House) at 48 King Street has served St. Augustine for over 400 years. The first building on this site appeared in 1598 as the royal governor's residence. In the following centuries, the site and building underwent many transformations and roles in St. Augustine. Over the past 60 years, Governor's House has been home of efforts to preserve, restore, and reconstruct St. Augustine. Today, Governor's House houses Governor's House Museum and Cultural Center - which includes Governor's House Library - under the management of the University of Florida Historic St. Augustine, Inc.
All rights reserved by the submitter.
48 King Street
Hyperlink Item Type Metadata
“Governor's House,” Resilience: Black Heritage in St. Augustine, accessed December 9, 2022, https://blackheritagestaugustine.omeka.net/items/show/80.