Sims House, Block 7, Lot 12

Dublin Core

Title

Sims House, Block 7, Lot 12

Subject

Architecture
Historic Reconstruction

Description

The Sims Silversmith Shop (or Sims House) at 12 Charlotte Street is a reconstruction of a silversmith shop that operated in St. Augustine during the British Period (1763-1784). The precise location of the silversmith shop operated by William Sims is unknown. The Historic St. Augustine Preservation Board reconstructed the building in 1964 as part of San Augustín Antiguo, a living history museum. Today, the property is managed by the University of Florida Historic St. Augustine, Inc.

Publisher

St. Augustine Restoration, Inc.

Date

1966

Rights

All applicable rights reserved by the source institution and holding location.

Format

Print Photograph

Coverage

Sims House
Sims Silversmith
12 Charlotte Street
St. Augustine
Florida
U.S.A.

Hyperlink Item Type Metadata

Citation

“Sims House, Block 7, Lot 12,” Resilience: Black Heritage in St. Augustine, accessed February 6, 2023, https://blackheritagestaugustine.omeka.net/items/show/9.

Output Formats

Geolocation